Entrepreneurial Student or Young Water Professional (2 positions)
Market Research, Communications, Business Development, Events
The Water Agency is a network orchestrator for the international water sector. We build and develop networks of water professionals around the world. Activating these networks, we create unique value by connecting people and organisations, facilitating knowledge exchange and driving co-creation and innovation among the members.
The Water Agency is an independent company. We work for governments, research institutions and private companies in many countries, including the Netherlands, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia and Myanmar. More information: www.thewateragency.com.
Examples of programs we organise are the Myanmar Water Challenge, the Singapore-Netherlands Water House, the Australia Community of Practice on Flood Management, Partners for International Business in Water and the Myanmar Water Portal.
In December 2015, The Water Agency started activities in Myanmar and since early 2017, the Managing Director Asia, Mr. Frodo van Oostveen, is based in Yangon. In August 2017, two interns joined our team. As we are growing quickly and one of the interns is finishing her assignment, we are now hiring two new interns!
The Water Agency in Yangon has two exciting internship positions for entrepreneurial final-year students or young water professionals. You will help us to grow our business and network in Myanmar. You will be working on a diverse range of activities that offer a great opportunity to develop your professional business and communication skills, to learn about international collaboration and to build your reputation in the international water sector.
Both positions are available immediately. The start date can be discussed but we prefer if you can start as soon as possible. The internship period is 3-6 months. If the internship is successful, a permanent position may be offered to you.
You will work directly with Mr. Frodo van Oostveen, Director in Myanmar and the team members in the Netherlands, Australia and Indonesia. Key activities:
- Market research: collecting and organising market information about Myanmar water projects, programs and events.
- Strategic networking: building relationships with the water community in Myanmar - government, private sector, universities and NGO’s.
- Communications: publishing content for our websites (myanmarwaterportal.com), online community, newsletters, social media (Facebook), etc.
- Support the organisation of events, both in Myanmar (e.g. Myanmar Water Challenge) and internationally (e.g. Singapore International Water Week).
For this internship position, it is important that:
- You have a passion for water. Specific interest in Port development or Urban Water Management can be an advantage, but is not required.
- You like working as member of a small, dynamic international team. You set goals for yourself and you like to achieve tangible results.
- You like being involved in international business and collaboration.
- You like working with people from different backgrounds - such as government, private companies, engineering, business, education, etc. – and from different cultures.
- You like communicating: talking with people, writing reports and news items, attend seminars, meet people from different cultures, participate in online platforms, etc.
- You like organising activities and events.
- You speak and write good Burmese and English
We expect you are in the final years of your university studies or you have recently graduated. The position is full-time (Mon-Fri) but if you still have commitments (e.g. for your study), we can discuss this. Our office is located at the Impact Hub (Thingangyun, Yangon).
The Water Agency offers a salary of Kyat 350,000 per month + travel expenses. You will be provided with a laptop.
(1) Your motivation: why you want to do this and how you meet the requirements.
(2) Your resume, including all experience you have that is relevant for the requirements.
We will schedule interviews on a first-come-first-serve basis, so make sure you apply as soon as possible!