Freelance Writers / Bloggers / Vloggers
Create exciting reports on important developments and events in the Myanmar water sector
The Water Agency is a network orchestrator for the international water sector. We build and develop networks of water professionals around the world. Activating these networks, we create unique value by connecting people and organisations, facilitating knowledge exchange and driving co-creation and innovation among the members.
The Water Agency is an independent company. We work for governments, research institutions and private companies in many countries, including the Netherlands, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia and Myanmar. More information: www.thewateragency.com.
One of our new initiatives in Myanmar is the Myanmar Water Portal – an online platform that informs the international water sector about developments in Myanmar: news, reports, business opportunities, projects, contacts, etc. Items published on the platform cover a broad range of water topics, such as rivers, coasts, ports, irrigation, floods, droughts, sanitation, communities, transport, etc. Website: www.myanmarwaterportal.com
JOIN US AS WRITER, BLOGGER OR VLOGGER!
For the Myanmar Water Portal, we are looking for freelance writers, bloggers and vloggers who like to create regular items on water affairs in Myanmar. We have positions open immediately. Depending on your interests and availability, we will discuss how many items you will create per week/month (minimum 2 items/month), the type of items (interview, field report, conference report, news item, etc.) and on what topics.
You will work directly with Mr. Frodo van Oostveen, Director in Myanmar and the team members in the Netherlands, Australia and Indonesia. Key activities:
- Market research: collecting and organising market information about Myanmar water projects, programs and events.
- Strategic networking: building relationships with the water community in Myanmar - government, private sector, universities and NGO’s.
- Communications: publishing content for our websites (myanmarwaterportal.com), online community, newsletters, social media (Facebook), etc.
- Support the organisation of events, both in Myanmar (e.g. Myanmar Water Challenge) and internationally (e.g. Singapore International Water Week).
To quality for this position, it is important that:
- You are interested to write/blog/vlog about water in Myanmar.
- You have proven yourself as a good writer/blogger/vlogger.
- You speak and write excellent Burmese and English.
- You like working as member of a small, dynamic international team.
- You like being involved in international business and collaboration.
- You like working with people from different backgrounds - such as government, private companies, engineering, business, education, etc. – and from different cultures.
- You currently study at a university or you have recently graduated.
We will pay you per published item. We will agree the payment with you depending on what items you will create for us (article, video, interview, etc.), and how often. You have your own equipment (laptop, camera, etc.).
(1) Your motivation: why you want to do this and how you meet the requirements.
(2) Your resume, including all experience you have that is relevant for the requirements.
We will schedule interviews on a first-come-first-serve basis, so make sure you apply as soon as possible!