Junior Project Consultant (Yangon)
Market Research, Communications, Business Development, Events
The Water Agency is a network orchestrator for the international water sector. We build and develop networks of water professionals around the world. Activating these networks, we create unique value by connecting people and organisations, facilitating knowledge exchange and driving co-creation and innovation among the members.
The Water Agency is an independent company. We work for governments, research institutions and private companies in many countries, including the Netherlands, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia and Myanmar. More information: www.thewateragency.com.
Examples of programs we organise are the Myanmar Water Challenge, the Singapore-Netherlands Water House, the Australia Community of Practice on Flood Management, Partners for International Business in Water and the Myanmar Water Portal.
In December 2015, The Water Agency started activities in Myanmar and since early 2017, the Managing Director Asia, Mr. Frodo van Oostveen, is based in Yangon. In August 2017, two interns joined our team. As we are growing quickly, we want to hire a Junior Project Consultant with minimum 3 years' work experience.
For the Junior Project Consultant position, it is important that:
- You have a passion for water and you want to contribute to a sustainable water sector
- You have a minimum of 3 years work experience, preferably with an international company or organisation.
- You have experience working with clients, e.g. in marketing, sales, events or consultancy.
- You like working as member of a small, dynamic international team. You set goals for yourself and you like to achieve tangible results.
- You like being involved in international business and collaboration.
- You like working with people from different backgrounds - such as government, private companies, engineering, business, education, etc. – and from different cultures.
- You like communicating: talking with people, writing reports and news items, attend seminars, meet people from different cultures, etc.
- You speak and write good Burmese and English
We expect you have a completed university degree (can be water-related but not required). The position is full-time – Monday through Friday. You will work from our office in Yangon (Impact Hub, Thingangyun).
The Water Agency offers a salary of Kyat 450,000 per month + bonus. You will be provided with a laptop.
(1) Your motivation: why you want to do this and how you meet the requirements.
(2) Your resume, including all experience you have that is relevant for the requirements.
We will schedule interviews on a first-come-first-serve basis, so make sure you apply as soon as possible!